Soundsmith Zephyr MK/III Moving-Iron High-Output Cartridge with Contact-line stylus
Soundsmith Zephyr MK/III Moving-Iron High-Output Cartridge with Contact-line stylus by SoundSmith at Tari QM-COM. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Cartridge Type Fixed Coil Stylus Type Contact Line Output High Available As Dual Coil Mono Yes Additional Specifications Stylus: Ultra Low Mass Nude
Features & Highlights
- The new Zephyr MK III has achieved what no other cartridge has done since its inception; rapid recognition as a leading force in phono cartridge design and performance. It also follows our tradition for our complete line of cartridges - full restoration and stylus rebuilding when the time comes at 20% of its price ~ $250 for rebuild. And we can do it many times over for you. Imagine that - A new Zephyr MKIII cartridge for $250, every time it's needed.
- Attached to our new cantilever material is a tiny new super low mass "High Profile" Contact Line diamond we have developed for the new Zephyr MKIII. This stylus traces more of the groove walls than a standard contact line, but avoids some of the alignment pitfalls that can occur with a high profile contact line design, allowing more azimuth alignment forgiveness than is normally possible with such designs.
- These improvements are paired with technology borrowed from our higher end line; "Trickle Down" technology from a unique Dynamic Energy Management System (DEMS) developed by Soundsmith that moves the damped energy and propagates it properly within the cartridge body. This is a similar system we employ in the Soundsmith's well received and reviewed high end Sussurro Cartridge.
- The new Zephyr MKIII is capable of truly remarkable separation and sound stage imaging at a level not previously achievable in a modestly priced design. The composite body and unique DEMS design work in tandem to contribute to the Zephyr MkIII's ability to produce high-end performance from a moderately priced cartridge. Be prepared to sit back and realize......you may have never really heard your record collection before.
- In our effort to bring you even higher definition without increase in cost, we introduce the NEW Zephyr MKIII. It features a newly developed aluminum alloy - the same one we are now using in the Paua MKII, just released. This new metal alloy has unique dualistic properties, providing stiffness in the ranges required as well as damping exactly where its needed - and by the proper amount - in the most critical parts of the sonic spectrum.