AudioQuest Irish Red Subwoofer Cable - 5m - RCAs
Free Shipping Included! AudioQuest Irish Red Subwoofer Cable - 5m - RCAs by AudioQuest at Tari QM-COM. MPN: IRED05. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Irish RedThe Irish Setter is a distant ancestor of the Spanish Pointer and is actually a mix of the English Setter, the Gordon Setter and the Irish
Features & Highlights
- Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable.
- Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit. Wire insulation and circuit board materials all absorb energy (loss). Some of this energy is stored and then released as distortion. Irish Red uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation on both conductors because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile.
- 100% shield coverage is easy. Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment's ground reference requires AQ's Noise-Dissipation System. Noise-Dissipation System prevents a significant amount of RFI from reaching the equipment's ground plane.
- Identical + and - conductors prevent the shield being used as an inferior audio conductor. This plug design allows for a connection devoid of solder, which is a common source of distortion. Because the ground shells are stamped instead of machined, the metal can be chosen for low distortion instead of machinability.
- Sometimes there is a hum problem unless the subwoofer and AV receiver (or surround-sound processor) are attached to each other using a separate wire. If your system has a hum problem, try attaching the little spade-lug tails to the metal chassis of the subwoofer amplifier and to the chassis of the sending component. Usually, this extra wire will not be needed.
|Item Weight:||0.22 pounds|
|Item Size:||3 x 3 x 3 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.62 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.14 x 1.81 x 1.81 inches|